Each year we set aside the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to honor and celebrate the special relationship between our students and their grandparents/grand friends. We recognize that not everyone has a grandparent close by and this is why we include grand friends. If your child's grandparents cannot attend, please invite someone special in your child's life such as an uncle, aunt, neighbor or family friend. This special time holds a morning filled with classroom activities and learning that provides grandparents/grand friends with a glimpse into your child's daily life at school. In addition, professional photographer, Tricia Enfield, is taking portrait photos to commemorate the day.
Grandparents/Grand Friends Day
Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Time: Arrival until 11:30 a.m.
Here a few tips to help the visit go smoothly:
- If possible, bring your special guest(s) with you and use the drop-off line.
- If grandparents/grand friend are driving to the school, please let them know that the driveways are one way in the morning. Enter the Main building through the one way driveway next to the playground fence and Casa/Mezzo driveway entry by the road sign near the Casa building.
- 8:10–8:25 a.m.: Arrival of Upper Elementary and Middle School Grandparents/Grand Friends
- 8:25–8:45 a.m.: Arrival of Lower Elementary Grandparents/Grand Friends
- 8:45–9:05 a.m.: Arrival of Pre-elementary Grandparents/ GrandFriends
- During the Visit
- Grandparents/Grand Friends spend time in your child's classroom.
- Refreshments are provided in the Activity Room (Main Building).
- A special photo opportunity is available between 9:00 a.m. and 11:25 a.m. in the Library.
- End of Visit
- At 11:30 a.m. (or earlier if needed/desired), grandparents/grand friends can be picked up from your child's classroom.
- If you wish to pick up your child at this time or want your child to go with their grandparents/grand friends, please inform your child's teacher.
- For students remaining after 11: 30 a.m., the regular school day continues with regular dismissal.