Each year we set aside the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to honor and celebrate the special relationship between our students and their grandparents/grand friends. We recognize that not everyone has a grandparent close by and this is why we include grand friends. If your child's grandparents cannot attend, please invite someone special in your child's life such as an uncle, aunt, neighbor or family friend. This special time holds a morning filled with classroom activities and learning that provides grandparents/grand friends with a glimpse into your child's daily life at school. In addition, professional photographer, Tricia Enfield, is taking portrait photos to commemorate the day.
Grandparents/Grand Friends 2018
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Time: Arrival until 11:30 a.m.
8:10–8:25 a.m.: Arrival of Upper Elementary and Middle School Grandparents/Grand Friends
8:25–8:45 a.m.: Arrival of Lower Elementary Grandparents/Grand Friends
8:45–9:05 a.m.: Arrival of Pre-elementary Grandparents/ GrandFriends
- Please use regular drop off to avoid parking congestion.
- Grandparents/Grand Friends visit the student’s classroom for a morning of learning and sharing.
- During the visit, we ask Grandparents/Grand Friends to please come to the Library (Main Building) to have a commemorative photo taken with grandchild/friend.
11:30 a.m. (or earlier): Pick up/Departure of Grandparents/Grand Friends from the classroom.
- Students may be picked up with Grandparents/Grand Friends if desired.
- Please let the classroom teacher know if you are choosing this option.