Thank you for your interest in joining the staff at Eton School. Our staff serves at the heart of our school and provides a strong, collaborative environment with a developmental approach that assists in the emergence of each child’s potential. Below are the current open positions with job descriptions/qualifications and the procedure for applying.
Provides childcare in a variety of programs, implements the scheduled daily program and activities and assists the Clubhouse (childcare) Supervisor in a variety of ways.
Hours are 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps to ensure the safety and welfare of the children and protects each other from physical or emotional harm. This includes performing all tasks with an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Provides an environment where everyone can have a positive experience throughout the day.
- Treats all children, families, and staff members with dignity and respect, and allow for individual differences.
- Prepares and follows a curriculum based on developmentally appropriate practices that help each child reach his/her fullest potential in all areas of development.
- Supervises and interacts with children at all times; mealtimes, rest periods, restroom times, playtimes, and activity times.
- Knows health and emergency policies of the program and is ready to implement them if necessary.
- Helps with general housekeeping tasks.
- Shows initiative in the improvement of early childhood education, the program, and the curriculum by sharing ideas and participating in available trainings.
- Maintains a professional attitude at all times.
- Maintains appropriate communication with staff, children, and families at all times. Maintains an open, warm and very professional relationship with all families.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 18 years old.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have results of a one-step Mantoux TB skin test prior to starting work or provide written proof of a negative Mantoux TB test within the past twelve months. A previously positive Mantoux TB requires documentation of treatment or a negative chest x-ray.
- Background check conducted by the Department of Learning (DEL).
- Attend orientation and required trainings.
- Excellent human relation skills as well as good organizational and communication skills.
- Be reliable, punctual and consistent in attendance.
- Able to lift 30 lbs. overhead, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and grasp.
The following trainings are required for the position and if not current, will be done through the school’s trainings and expense:
- HIV/Bloodborne Pathogens
Please apply for this position by sending your cover letter, resume, and application to email@example.com
Application can be found at: https://www.etonschool.org/uploaded/Site_Documents...
Eton School is an independent non-profit school for Pre-K to 8th grade. Our vision is that, “In educating the whole child, Eton School inspires creative, confident thinkers who have an enduring passion for learning and are poised to contribute to the world.” Although the class day ends, we recognize that in most households, childcare is essential. We are committed to providing a safe and nurturing place for our students. If you have a genuine love for children and loves to work in a place that provides a strong collaborative environment, please apply by sending your cover letter, completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Application Form
Eton School Employment Application
Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of Eton School and Eton School Foundation that no person shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any physical, mental or sensory disability. This policy is consistent with Titles VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1976; the Governor’s Executive Order 85–09; the Americans with Disabilities Act; and the Washington State Law Against Discrimination, R.C.W. 49.60.
The non-discrimination policy applies to every aspect of Eton School’s and Eton School Foundation’s programs, practices, policies and activities, including client services and employment practices.